On this podcast, we talk with Andrea Magnorsky, who is a tech lead at Goodlord on their engineering squads; she has a background in Scala, C#, and organised conferences. Today we’ll be talking about paradigm shifts.
Why listen to this podcast:
* A programming paradigm has a loose definition. It’s just about finding a way of doing things.
* There are a number of different ways to think about problems - and different paradigms do this in different ways.
* To shift paradigms, you have to un-learn some of your instincts.
* When adopting a new paradigm if people don’t want to learn anything, then they won’t.
* Multiple paradigms help you apply different ways of thinking about solutions to problems because solutions vary across languages.
* Quick ways to start gaining knowledge and adoption for new languages are to use a new language as a test harness for your existing code.
More on this: Quick scan our curated show notes on InfoQ http://bit.ly/2oPFG71
You can also subscribe to the InfoQ newsletter to receive weekly updates on the hottest topics from professional software development. bit.ly/24x3IVq
Like InfoQ on Facebook: bit.ly/2jmlyG8
Follow on Twitter: twitter.com/InfoQ
Follow on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/infoq
Check the landing page on InfoQ: http://bit.ly/2oPFG71