Wesley Reisz talks with Jessica Kerr about her focus on developer productivity. Topics include her work at Atomist building Slack Chatbots, an approach to categorizing Yak Shaving (in an effort to prioritize and automate development dependencies), how an innovation culture drives diversity, and, finally, the role of 10x developers in the lifecycle of a company or product.
Why listen to this podcast:
- There are five kinds of Yak to shave
- Atomist uses a Slack chatbot to automate and track commits, builds, push requests etc.
- Agile retrospectives are a great way to encourage an innovation culture
- Diverse teams flourish in innovation cultures
- 10x developers are great for launching products, but teams are needed as products scale up
More on this: Quick scan our curated show notes on InfoQ http://bit.ly/2uO60PR
You can also subscribe to the InfoQ newsletter to receive weekly updates on the hottest topics from professional software development. bit.ly/24x3IVq
Like InfoQ on Facebook: bit.ly/2jmlyG8
Follow on Twitter: twitter.com/InfoQ
Follow on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/infoq
Want to see extented shownotes? Check the landing page on InfoQ: http://bit.ly/2uO60PR