“Restriction kindles creativity; and crisis the opportunity for growth.”
A diversion from my typical format, today I sit down with my wife Julie Piatt to discuss the coronavirus pandemic.
For those unfamiliar, Julie is an accomplished yogi, healer, musician, and mom to our four children. She is the author of three bestselling vegan cookbooks and hosts both the For The Life of Me podcast and Water Tiger, her online spiritual community. In addition, she is the founder and ‘Mother Arc’ of SriMu, her recently launched plant-based cheese start-up.
This is a conversation about exercising care and self-care as we delicately wade through these most unprecedented waters.
It's about replacing fear, anxiety and uncertainty with acceptance. Surrender. Creativity. Faith. And self-inquiry.
It's about navigating calamity with grace. Finding the opportunity in crisis.
It's about leaning into what is to reflect more deeply on our lives. And mindful response over reflexive reaction.
And finally, it's about seizing sequestration to contemplate a better path forward for ourselves, future generations, and the planet.
Without minimizing the severity of what is and what is to come, may we come together now -- in this virtual space -- to grow.
Because we’re in this together. And together we are stronger.
May you find comfort in this exchange.
Peace + Plants,
Theragun: To experience the deep muscle massager that’s unlike anything you’ve ever felt — risk-free for 30 days or your money back— visit theragun.com/richroll. For a limited time, my listeners can get a FREE charging stand with purchase — a $79 dollar value.
Gravity Blankets: The top-rated weighted blanket, this product literally changed my life — helping me fall asleep faster and keep me asleep longer. Promoting a deeper, more restorative sleep while decreasing your body’s production of stress hormones, I can’t say enough good things about Gravity Blanket. To learn more and purchase your best night of sleep ever, visit gravityblankets.com and use promo code RICHROLL to get 20% off the blanket that everyone is talking about.
Quip: Your one stop solution for oral health! Quip starts at just $25 and if you go to: getquip.com/richroll right now, you can get your first refill pack for FREE.
For a complete list of all RRP sponsors, vanity URLs & discount codes, visit my Resources page and click "Sponsors".
- Connect with Rich: Instagram | Twitter | | YouTube | Facebook
- Connect with Julie: SriMati.com | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
- Plantpower Meal Planner: meals.richroll.com
- SriMu Artisanal 'Not Cheese': SriMu.com
- Remote AA Meetings: aaonlinemeeting.net | aa-intergroup.org | livingnowgroup.com | NY Intergroup Directory
- Los Angeles AA: Online Meeting Directory
- Must Read: Coronoavirus: Why You Must Act Now
- NY Times: A Brain Hack to Break the Coronavirus Anxiety Cycle
- TED: Why COVID-19 Is Hitting Us Now -- And How To Prepare For The Next Outbreak
- Heartward Sanctuary: What if the Virus is the Medicine?
- Imperial College: COVID-19 Report
- Making Sense Podcast: How Should We Respond to Coronavirus? (Sam Harris + Nicholas Christakis)
- Professor Jeremy C. Young: Twitter Thread on Imperial College Report on COVID-19
- Michael Gervais: Managing Our Minds In These Uncertain Times
- COVID-19 Science: Twitter Follows
- David Sinclair, PhD COVID-19 Updates on Twitter & Instagram
- CDC: Coronavirus Resources
- Harvard Medical School: Coronavirus Resource Center
- True Health Initiative: COVID-19 Resources
- Psychology Today: What COVID-19 Can Teach Us About Mindfulness
- RRP #485: Julie Piatt On Seeing The Divinity In Everything
- RRP #465: Keep Evolving: Julie Piatt Returns
- RRP #387: The Power Of Ceremony And Ritual With Julie Piatt
Support the Podcast
- Tell Your Friends & Share Online
- Subscribe & Review: Apple |YouTube | Spotify | Google
- Donate: Patreon
Patronize Our Sponsors: For a complete list of all RRP sponsors and their respective vanity URLs and discount codes, click "Sponsors' here.
Thanks to Jason Camiolo for production, audio engineering and show notes; Margo Lubin and Blake Curtis for video, editing and graphics; portraits by Ali Rogers; and theme music by Hari Mathis, Tyler Piatt & Trapper Piatt.
*Disclosure: Books and products denoted with an asterisk are hyperlinked to an affiliate program. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.