Natalie Grassi is an Advisor Development Consultant at Simplicity Scottsdale, an organization that is revolutionizing the insurance industry. Natalie specializes in helping financial advisors reach their goals faster by guiding them in overcoming their challenges. She has created marketing plans for top performers and has coached hundreds of advisors on seminar best practices. Before joining Simplicity, Natalie worked as a Success Coach for Advisors with White Glove, a tech-enabled marketing services company.
Natalie joins me today to discuss her best practices in marketing for financial advisors. She shares her emergence in the industry and how she pivoted from being an elementary school teacher to working with financial advisors. She explains why financial advisors need to stay open and curious with their clients and reveals the factors that define (and make) the best financial advisors. She also underscores the power of using storytelling to connect with prospects and convert them into clients.
“All the little things make the biggest difference and impact the result. They create an experience for prospects and make prospects take the next step with you.” - Natalie Grassi
This week on The Model FA Podcast:
- Natalie’s background in the financial services industry
- Simplicity Scottsdale’s services and how they help advisors
- What financial advisors should consider when developing a marketing plan
- Why advisors need to give their marketing plan and activities more time
- What makes an effective financial advisor
- The importance of tracking results and keeping marketing funnels full
- Why seminars are working well — despite the pandemic
- How financial advisors can increase their conversion rates from registration to attendance
- Why financial advisors should invite their seminar attendees to follow them on social media
- Converting seminar attendees into client appointments
- The power of curiosity and storytelling
- Book: What Great Salespeople Do: The Science of Selling Through Emotional Connection and the Power of Story by Michael Bosworth and Ben Zoldan
- Book: Delivering Happiness by Tony Hsieh
- Book: Untamed by Glennon Doyle
- Loom: Video Messaging for Work
- BombBomb Video Mail
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “People like to do business with people they know, like, and trust. If they connect with you on social media, it lets them connect with you on a deeper level.” - David DeCelle
- “Storytelling is a tool to help financial advisors increase their conversion rates.” - David DeCelle
- “The best advisors don’t say they’ll continue what they’ve always done. They look for new ideas, recommendations, training, and other things that will help them get better.” - Natalie Grassi
Connect with Natalie Grassi:
- Simplicity Scottsdale
- Simplicity Scottsdale on LinkedIn
- Simplicity Scottsdale on Facebook
- Simplicity Scottsdale on YouTube
- Natalie Grassi on LinkedIn
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Model FA Podcast
The Model FA podcast is a show for fiduciary financial advisors. In each episode, our host David DeCelle sits down with industry experts, strategic thinkers, and advisors to explore what it takes to build a successful practice — and have an abundant life in the process. We believe in continuous learning, tactical advice, and strategies that work — no “gotchas” or BS. Join us to hear stories from successful financial advisors, get actionable ideas from experts, and re-discover your drive to build the practice of your dreams.
Did you like this conversation? Then leave us a rating and a review in whatever podcast player you use. We would love your feedback, and your ratings help us reach more advisors with ideas for growing their practices, attracting great clients, and achieving a better quality of life. While you are there, feel free to share your ideas about future podcast guests or topics you’d love to see covered.
President of Model FA, David DeCelle
If you like this podcast, you will love our community! Join the Model FA Community on Facebook to connect with like-minded advisors and share the day-to-day challenges and wins of running a growing financial services firm.