Brendan Barca is a coach, speaker, and consultant specializing in helping financial advisors enter the digital age. Through his live workshops, webinars, and online courses, Brendan teaches financial advisors how to grow their businesses by modernizing their websites and embracing digital technology. In addition to his work as a consultant for financial advisors, Brendan is also Co-Founder of Brema Solutions, a firm dedicated to creating a more intentional, aware, and mindful world.
Brendan joins me today to share his advice on how financial advisors can leverage LinkedIn and other online tools to expand their businesses. He shares why and how he shifted from working in the financial services industry to starting a consultancy business. He discusses how content marketing can help prospects find financial advisors and explains why networking on LinkedIn is a gradual process. He also shares his advice for optimizing your business’s website on Google and underscores why financial advisors need to embrace the digital world.
“LinkedIn is a gradual and strategic process. It’s a slow burn: you connect, build rapport, and then ask for a meeting.” - Brendan Barca
This week on The Model FA Podcast:
- Why some financial advisors feel like LinkedIn doesn’t work for building business
- How optimizing your LinkedIn profile separates you from other financial advisors
- Using content for marketing and keeping prospects interested in you
- The power of niching in business-building and how to position yourself as a valuable resource on LinkedIn and other networking platforms
- How long it takes to reap the benefits of networking on LinkedIn
- Why financial advisors need to embrace digitalization
- Brendan’s advice for financial advisors who are hesitant about taking their businesses online
- Online meeting best practices
- Optimizing your Google ranking to get more prospects to your business website
- Book: The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich by Tim Ferris
- Book: Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers by Tim Ferris
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “People get to know you by the amount of experiences they have with you.” - David DeCelle
- “You want to create content on LinkedIn. Even if your content doesn’t get a huge engagement, you can still repurpose it.” - Brendan Barca
- “Advisors should create valuable content on a consistent basis on LinkedIn.” - David DeCelle
Connect with Brendan Barca:
About the Model FA Podcast
The Model FA podcast is a show for fiduciary financial advisors. In each episode, our host David DeCelle sits down with industry experts, strategic thinkers, and advisors to explore what it takes to build a successful practice — and have an abundant life in the process. We believe in continuous learning, tactical advice, and strategies that work — no “gotchas” or BS. Join us to hear stories from successful financial advisors, get actionable ideas from experts, and re-discover your drive to build the practice of your dreams.
Did you like this conversation? Then leave us a rating and a review in whatever podcast player you use. We would love your feedback, and your ratings help us reach more advisors with ideas for growing their practices, attracting great clients, and achieving a better quality of life. While you are there, feel free to share your ideas about future podcast guests or topics you’d love to see covered.
President of Model FA, David DeCelle
If you like this podcast, you will love our community! Join the Model FA Community on Facebook to connect with like-minded advisors and share the day-to-day challenges and wins of running a growing financial services firm.