Nick Bradley is the co-founder and director of The Fielding Group, a growth consultancy firm that helps founders and shareholders achieve freedom, accumulate wealth, and accelerate impact by improving business performance. Nick is a world-renowned business growth expert who works with entrepreneurs, business leaders, and investors on building high-value companies. Over the last decades, he has built, bought, and sold over 24 businesses with a combined valuation of $5.2 billion. Nick owns several other businesses in various industries—including education, media, and professional services—and continues to build his portfolio via acquisitions and joint ventures. Being passionate about helping other entrepreneurs grow and scale their business, Nick shares his expertise and insight by hosting Scale Up Your Business, the UK’s #1 business podcast.
Nick joins me today to discuss the eight key areas a business must master to drive exponential, predictable growth. He shares his passion for health and fitness and discusses what sports and ultramarathons have taught him about running and growing a business. He highlights the importance of taking control of your time and explains how time management can give you more freedom in business and life. He also reveals why businesses often stop growing and underscores the power of having a clear business purpose.
“Anyone can build a business that grows over time, but if you don’t know the dynamics of that growth, you can’t necessarily repeat it and create efficiency—it’s not predictable.” - Nick Bradley
This week on The Model FA Podcast:
- What health, fitness, and ultramarathons have taught Nick about scaling a business
- How Nick became passionate about fitness
- How to get out of complacency
- The power of discipline, structure, and planning
- Why planning your day gives you more freedom and flexibility
- Why businesses need to have a clear purpose
- The importance of knowing the ideal client you want to serve
- Why businesses that don’t niche down slow their growth
- Staying in your zone of genius and the power of cultivating an ecosystem that can help you scale
- Miracle mornings and creating the best morning routine for you
- The role of clarity and precision in business and life
- Book: Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business by Gino Wickman
- Book: The 12 Week Year: Get More Done in 12 Weeks than Others Do in 12 Months by Brian Moran and Michael Lennington
- Book: Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- Book: The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM) by Hal Elrod
- Book: The Road Less Stupid: Advice from the Chairman of the Board by Keith Cunningham
- Book: The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results by Gary Keller
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “The more you can use your schedule, the more likely you are to follow through with the goals you’ve set.” - David DeCelle
- “Choose a group of people you want to serve. Doing so defines your marketing, service plan, and the experience that you deliver.” - David DeCelle
- “If you don’t take control of your time, the vacuum that exists there is going to be filled by something else.” - Nick Bradley
Connect with Nick Bradley:
- The Fielding Group
- Scale Up Your Business Podcast
- The Fielding Group on LinkedIn
- The Fielding Group on Facebook
- The Fielding Group on Twitter
- Scale Up Your Business Facebook Community
- Nick Bradley on LinkedIn
- Nick Bradley on Instagram
About the Model FA Podcast
The Model FA podcast is a show for fiduciary financial advisors. In each episode, our host David DeCelle sits down with industry experts, strategic thinkers, and advisors to explore what it takes to build a successful practice — and have an abundant life in the process. We believe in continuous learning, tactical advice, and strategies that work — no “gotchas” or BS. Join us to hear stories from successful financial advisors, get actionable ideas from experts, and re-discover your drive to build the practice of your dreams.
Did you like this conversation? Then leave us a rating and a review in whatever podcast player you use. We would love your feedback, and your ratings help us reach more advisors with ideas for growing their practices, attracting great clients, and achieving a better quality of life. While you are there, feel free to share your ideas about future podcast guests or topics you’d love to see covered.
President of Model FA, David DeCelle
If you like this podcast, you will love our community! Join the Model FA Community on Facebook to connect with like-minded advisors and share the day-to-day challenges and wins of running a growing financial services firm.