Artist and owner of Babylon Cartel, Gianni Lee, joins us on this week's episode to discuss the latest topics in the Highsnobiety world. After delving into the current events, we then talk to GCDS creative director, Giuliano Calza, as he provides us with some background info on the label's recent digital fashion show.
While speaking with Highsnobiety's Noah Thomas, Lee shares his thoughts on everything from Slam Jam's upside-down Swoosh Dunks and Dior's new mules, to Kanye West's YEEZY slides, our Colette, Mon Amour Tokyo merch, and the PlayStation 5 pre-order frenzy. He also touches on some of his most recent projects, including a limited edition rug.
Next up, Giuliano Calza shares his thoughts on an unusual Milan Fashion Week, before delving into GCDS' SS21 showcase, which served as the first-ever digital fashion arcade. Admittedly excited about virtual shows, Calza feels the GCDS showcase was entirely on-brand for both himself and the label. He has been into cartoons for years, so creating such an otherworldly atmosphere came somewhat easy to him, he says.
But while he thoroughly enjoyed working on the digital show, as well as the collection, he insists he's already on to the next show and the next project. To get inside the mind of Giuliano Calza and find out what he sees for the future of GCDS, and fashion in general, press play above.
- SLAM JAM'S NIKE DUNK FLIPS THE SWOOSH UPSIDE DOWN
- OFF-WHITE SHOE COVERS ARE THIS SEASON'S SNEAKER SAVIOUR
- DIOR MULE
- ALYX NEW SNEAKER
- ‘COLETTE, MON AMOUR’ TOKYO MERCH IS COMING YOUR WAY SOON
- DAPPER CORDUROY SUITS AS EVERYDAY WEAR? NO VACANCY INN, STÜSSY & A$AP NAST THINK SO
- HOMME PLISSÉ ISSEY MIYAKE FW20 GETS FORMAL WITH TUXEDO PLEATS
- DEMNA GVASALIA IS PREPARING US TO CARE ABOUT
- COUTURE FOR THE FIRST TIME
- PATTA X UMBRO X INTER MILAN
- SONY APOLOGIZES FOR CHAOTIC PLAYSTATION 5 PREORDERS
- Gianni Lee
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices