DESCRIPTION: Brian talks with Devesh Garg (Co-Founder/CEO of @arrcusinc) about the growth of Arrcus, the evolution of the network (5G, IoT Edge, DC to Cloud, SDN), and the new economics of networking.
SHOW SPONSOR LINKS:
- Digital Ocean Homepage
- Get Started Now and Get a free $50 Credit on Digital Ocean
- Datadog Homepage - Modern Monitoring and Analytics
- Try Datadog yourself by starting a free, 14-day trial today. Listeners of this podcast will also receive a free Datadog T-shirt
- Get 20% off VelocityConf passes using discount code CLOUD
CLOUD NEWS OF THE WEEK:
- Amazon’s cloud business reports 37% sales growth ($8.5B/quarter) but misses analysts’ estimates
- Azure growth slows to 64%, estimated at $16B in sales
- Google Cloud earnings at $8B a year, plans to 3x the salesforce
- T-Mobile and Sprint Merger finally get Justice Department blessing
SHOW INTERVIEW LINKS:
- Arrcus Homepage
- Arrcus on The Cloudcast (Eps.356)
- Devesh Garg on theCUBE (video)
- Arrcus raises $30M in Series B funding
Topic 1 - Welcome back to the show. It’s been just about a year since we last spoke, you were just launching the company (amazing engineering experience and advisors). What has the last year of disrupting the networking industry been like? Tell us how the latest round of funding will help Arrcus grow.
Topic 2 - Everything is connected now (way behind user-devices), everything is collecting and transmitting data, and we have no patience for the delay. Paint us a picture of how the network is evolving to deal with 5G, AI/ML at the edge, DC to Cloud interconnects, etc.
Topic 3 - Arrcus has been focused on bringing better speeds and agility to networking. As more networking moves to SDN and SoC, how have companies been able to measure the gains that come from these new approaches to networking?
Topic 4 - Arrcus recently announced multiple high-density 100GbE and 400GbE routing solutions for Hyper-scale Cloud, Edge, and 5G networks and ArcIQ, “AI-driven analytics platform that provides enhanced real-time visibility, control, and security”. Tell us about the new solutions and how this changes the model for network and cloud operations teams
Topic 5 - What have you found to be the most critical areas of focus for the modern network operator, especially given the pace of innovation that offers them not only opportunity but also the challenges of keeping up with change?