DESCRIPTION: Brian talks with Matthew Creager (@matt_creager, Co-Founder & VP Developer Relations @manifoldco) about the challenges of cloud silos, connecting apps to multiple cloud services, the importance of collaboration beyond just coding, and how Manifold makes it simpler to integrate apps to align to business needs.
SHOW SPONSOR LINKS:
- Digital Ocean Homepage
- Get Started Now and Get a free $100 Credit on Digital Ocean
- Snowflake Homepage
- Get started with Snowflake at snowflake.com/cloudcast
- Get 20% off VelocityConf passes using discount code CLOUD
CLOUD NEWS OF THE WEEK:
- Red Hat launches OpenShift 4 - Enterprise Kubernetes
- Microsoft and Red Hat launch Azure Red Hat OpenShift managed service
SHOW INTERVIEW LINKS:
- Manifold Homepage - Find, organize and connect the best cloud services
Topic 1 - Welcome to the show. Tell us about your background prior to Manifold, and what motivated you to focus on this new model of application development and integration.
Topic 2 - I know one truth about developers, that they prefer things to be simple or taken care of for them. Beyond that, I’m not sure of any absolute truths. It seems like Manifold is somewhere near the intersection of Low-Code and PaaS and Integration Services (API Gateways or Middleware) and CI/CD. Beyond simplicity, how do you describe what Manifold does?
Topic 2a - What is the interaction between the Manifold services and Prefab.cloud services?
Topic 3 - I really like the idea of shared projects and shared billing. How much do you find that overlapping or re-inventing slows down developers?
Topic 4 - Can you help us understand the business model or community model?
Topic 5 - Can you share any examples of how Manifold has helped companies and teams accelerate their application development models?