Today's episode is about the management of tardive dyskinesia.
Here are some questions we cover in this episode:
- What is the best way to approach tardive dyskinesia? This episode will discuss an algorithm with levels of evidence for each treatment option.
- What is the evidence level for second-generation VMAT-2 inhibitors, such as deutetrabenazine and valbenazine?
- Is there evidence for prescribing anticholinergics in tardive dyskinesia? Should you use them?
- What options do you have if a VMAT inhibitor is not effective or well tolerated?
Faculty: Greg Pontone, M.D.
- Learn more about Premium Membership here
- Earn 1.25 CMEs: "Drug-Induced Movement Disorders: The Clinical Essentials"
- Treating Tardive Dyskinesia: A Clinical Conundrum and New Approaches