How slowing population growth and an eventual population peak will lead to competition for foreign workers, potentially higher inflation, and ultimately the need to transition to a steady-state economy rather than one based on constantly producing more.
Topics covered include:
- How longevity and birthrates impact population growth
- What areas of the world are seeing population increases versus declines
- Why high income countries will need more immigrants in order to sustain their population levels
- When is global population expected to peak and at what level
- Will greater dependency ratios lead to higher inflation
- What is the difference between growth and development
- How slowing population growth will impact investments
- Why the world will need to transition to a steady-state economy focused on well-being rather than growth
For more information on this episode click here.