What is decentralized finance and how it is seeking to solve the shortcomings of centralized finance. How BlockFi and MakerDAO, early entrants in the DeFi space work. How to earn up to a 9% yield with cryptocurrency lending.
Topics covered include:
- How centralized finance differs from decentralized finance (DeFi)
- What are the shortcomings of centralized finance and why decentralized finance is more inclusive
- What are the key elements of DeFi
- How Ethereum smart contracts work
- How MakerDao and Dai work and replicate many aspects of the modern financial system
- How BlockFi operates using overcollateralized and undercollateralized loans
- What are the risks of cryptocurrency lending using BlockFi and Dai
Thanks to LinkedIn and Truebill for sponsoring the episode.