How should individuals invest and spend in retirement with interest rates so low, stock valuations high, and inflation uncertain. Why retirement managed payout funds and income replacement funds failed.
Topics covered include:
- How managed payout and income replacement funds compare to immediate annuities
- Why Vanguard and Fidelity changed the objective of their retiree focused income replacement and managed payout funds
- How fixed annuities work
- How retirees should combine annuities with multi-asset class portfolios to ensure a successful retirement
- Why the 4% retirement spending rule is not appropriate for all investors all of the time.
- Why inflation is the biggest determinant of how much retirees can spend
- Why is there so much controversy over the current and future inflation rate
Show Note Links
For more information on this episode click here.