How central bank digital currencies would work, what is the motivation to create them and what are the risks.
Topics covered include:
- What percentage of central banks are working on a digital currency and plan to issue one soon
- What are the two kinds of money that central banks currently issue and how would a central bank digital currency differ
- How central bank digital currencies would be similar and different from Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies
- What are the benefits and risks of central bank digital currencies
- What are the design principles that major central banks proposed for their digital currencies
- What percentage of central banks currently have the legal authority to issue their own digital currency
For show notes and more information on this episode click here.