How did ETFs function during the 2020 market sell-off and did the indexing bubble burst? What ETF structures failed the stress test and which passed.
- Why were some investors, like Michael Burry, concerned about an indexing bubble
- What are ETF risks such as flash crashes
- How did equity ETFs function during the spring 2020 sell-off and how they can act as shock absorbers
- What were some of the challenges that bond ETFs faced in March 2020
- How the rise in bond ETFs is leading to changes in how bonds are traded
- Why leveraged ETFs and oil-linked ETFs failed the stress test
- What caused the dysfunction in the U.S. Treasury market in March 2020
- What are the advantages of ETFs and why they are still a good product for long-term investors
For show notes and more information on this episode click here.