How the current global recession differs from the Great Financial Crisis and why the recession is probably over.
Topics covered include:
- Why the current recession has no debt and banking crisis
- Why lower-income workers are disproportionally harmed by the current recession
- How the federal government and central bank responses differed between the current recession and the 2008-09 recession.
- Do increased unemployment benefits disincentivize workers
- Why the recession is probably over, but it could take months or years to recover the lost output
- What factors will determine the impact a Covid-19 vaccine will have on the economy
For show notes and more information on this episode click here.