What are some investments that can generate a cash yield greater than inflation in an era when central bank policies keep government bond yields lower than the inflation rate.
Topics covered include:
- How low are interest rates around the world
- What have inflation rates been and what causes inflation and deflation
- What is financial repression
- Why are central banks keeping short-term interest rates so low
- What determines interest rates
- How I-bonds work
- Why active bond mutual funds can be helpful
- The pros and cons of preferred stock
- How to harvest the volatility risk premium
- How dividend-paying stocks can help fight financial repression
Thanks to NetSuite for sponsoring the episode.
For show notes and more information on this episode click here.