In this week’s episode, I visit with Alastair McDermott, founder of The Recognized Authority. Join us as we chat about the benefits of a niche, what horizontal and vertical niching and specialization means, and why you shouldn’t be afraid of narrowing the pool of potential clients.
- Why being a jack of all trades isn’t helping you get more clients
- Why referrals are dangerous
- What you can you do for marketing instead of asking for referrals
- How niche and specializations fit in with building a scalable and saleable business
- How a solid workflow can help you
- The symptoms that your business needs to specialize
Alastair McDermott is an author, consultant & coach who hosts The Recognized Authority Podcast and The Specialization Podcast. Alastair helps consultants & invisible experts to become The Recognized Authority in their field so they can have more impact and command higher fees.
Connect with Alastair at The Recognized Authority:
Listen to Erin when she guested on Alastair’s podcast here: https://therecognizedauthority.com/leverage-your-expertise-with-intellectual-property/
We would love you to consider supporting Alastair’s favorite charitable organization: https://action.aclu.org/give/now
Connect with Erin and find the resources mentioned in this episode at hourlytoexit.com/podcast.
Music credit: Yes She Can by Tiny Music
A Podcast Launch Bestie production