Today's guest is an Unconventional Mindfulness Facilitator & former cynical pessimist. She’s the woman that was ticking all the boxes but wasn’t necessarily feeling that deep sense of lasting satisfaction that most of us crave. Perhaps the best description ever – she felt like an empty coloring book.
She’s a specialist in helping people not buy into the sometimes destructive mind-chatter that most of us experience. As she puts it, Andrea helps indecisive overachievers to get clear on their direction and sense of self by learning to tame their mind.
In today's ep. I'm getting to the nitty gritty of mindfulness with Andrea. I really was wanting to understand what it meant to her, and why I might want to practice mindfulness. Specifically, we cover the following:
- How she defines Mindfulness
- What the ultimate aim of mindfulness practices are
- How by separating our sense of self from our minds, we can become more powerful, clearer and feel more alive
- What we can do when we need a mindfulness hit
- How meditation can complement mindfulness, but how they ultimate differ
- How the cynical types among us can still experience mindfulness without the touchy feely edge
Andrea mentions her favorite book: Eckhart Tolle's The Power of Now. We also discuss his second book, A New Earth.
To learn more about Andrea or sign-up for her free 6 Day to Decisiveness Challenge, head to www.projectself.com.au
To learn more about me, the host Kate Snowise, and my coaching offerings head to my website, www.thrive.how
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.