On this week’s Blowout… REED’S CORNER IS OFFICIALLY COOKED. Or at least the corner of Birkenstock Boston’s and Able to Buy Whenever. (Spoiler: He blames TikTok.) But because discovery is often generated out of necessity and Bostons are officially Pop Music now, that also means mules are Mainstream™, which has forced — yes, forced — us to investigate some alternative options in the Big Comfort footwear category. And guess what? Alongside oversized everything and a near-extinction event for hard-bottoms, the Mule Market is thriving my guys.
Also: We answer some listener questions from the Discord and probably talk about other things, but don’t worry it’s mostly Mules.
- 3sixteen has these, and are running a roughout now too.
- ALD is making garden clogs. They look cool.
- Chillbies (Reed’s favorites and US made!)
- The Blackstock Ellis/Horsebits
- Fear of God joints
- Fancy Boston’s
- Crocs (you can find them give Google Ads a workout I guess)
- Subus (Reed maintains that these are mostly just Thermoballs)
- New Balance 2002R
- The Nepenthes Suite:
What Smoking Slippers Talk About When They Talk About Smoking