Have you ever wondered how a cosmetic formulator innovates and creates new formulations? What is it like to formulate? How does the creative process work?
In this episode of The Green Beauty Conversations podcast we delve in to the mind of a cosmetic formulator and explore the processes involved in creating new and innovative products. We speak to Timi Racz, Formula Botanica's Head of Research and Development about the formulation process. Whether you are a new or experienced formulator, this fascinating insight in to the formulation process can help you develop your own formulas and skills.
More on this topic - Episode 37: Do you need to be a Cosmetic Chemist to Formulate Skincare?
In this Podcast you will:
- Hear Lorraine Dallmeier Formula Botanica CEO and Timi Racz the Head of Research and development at Formula botanica discuss what a formulator does.
- Learn the three stage process for creating a formula: Preparation, Perfecting the formula, testing and feedback.
- Understand the most important aspects of the formulation and how to adapt your formulation process.
Key Takeaways Include:
- Formulators are very creative people as is the process of creating new products.
- Preparation is a key phase in creating a formula which includes researching ingredients.
- Formulas require many different trials before they are ready for sale, it is not an instant process.
- Feedback on your formulations is key, ideally through focus groups to get a wide variety of opinions.
- Indie brands are leading the way in producing inspiring and creative products and the formulation process is a key aspect of this.
Thank you for joining us for this episode of the Formula Botanica: Green Beauty Conversations podcast. If you enjoyed this episode, please share, subscribe and review on iTunes, Spotify or Stitcher so that more people can enjoy the show.