How are you with self-care?
Do you often have more tasks than time or find yourself taking care of so many people, and doing so many things that taking care of yourself gets neglected?
If so, this shouldn't be.
Our bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit - so self-care is temple care. Nourishing self-care is sound physical stewardship that honors God and supports our ability to be and to serve.
Listen in for helps to prioritize and follow-thru with self-care.
Key Explorations In This Episode:
- Three impactful strategies that support consistent self-care
- Biblical supports of the importance of self-care
- Holistic self-care ideas (self-care should extend beyond physical care)
Referenced in this Episode:
- National Sleep Foundation Sleep Diary
- Lysa Terkeurst's book, The Best YesThe Best Yes: Making Wise Decisions in the Midst of Endless Demands
- Patti Brietman's book, How to Say No Without Feeling Guilty: And Say Yes to More Time, More Joy, and what Matters Most to You
What are your go to ways to care for self?
Share the conversation!
Who do you know that could relate to or benefit from this episode? Share it with them and continue the conversation.
Share your thoughts!
I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a short 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher. I value feedback and your rating/comments help me tailor and improve the podcast. Ratings can also improve the visibility of the podcast, and help others who don't know about Faith Applied discover it.
About this Podcast
The Faith Applied podcast is hosted by Nettye Johnson, CHES, CHC.
This podcast supports purpose driven believers who want balance and better. Each episode contains truthful and transparent discussions about faith, mind/body wellness, purpose or productivity with the intent that together we’ll learn better, and do better, so we can live better. Check out Nettye’s other offerings and services to help you at http://nettyejohnson.com