Diabetes Core Update is a monthly podcast that presents and discusses the latest clinically relevant articles from the American Diabetes Association’s four science and medical journals – Diabetes, Diabetes Care, Clinical Diabetes, and Diabetes Spectrum. Each episode is approximately 20 minutes long and presents 5-6 recently published articles from ADA journals.
Intended for practicing physicians and health care professionals, Diabetes Core Update discusses how the latest research and information published in journals of the American Diabetes Association are relevant to clinical practice and can be applied in a treatment setting.
This month we review articles on:
- Combination Basal Insulin/GLP-1 RA vs Basal Bolus for Persons with Very Elevated A1c
- Changes in Consumption of Sugary Beverages and Artificially Sweetened Beverages and the Risk of Type 2 Diabetes
- Oral Semaglutide vs. Placebo added to Insulin : The PIONEER 8 Trial
- Residual Hypertriglyceridemia and Estimated Atherosclerotic CV Risk by Stain Use in U.S. Adults with Diabetes
- A1c Variability and the Risk of Poor Outcomes in People with Type 2 Diabetes
- Oral Semaglutide vs. Empagliflozin in Persons with Type 2 Diabetes Uncontrolled on Metformin
For more information about each of ADA’s science and medical journals, please visit www.diabetesjournals.org.
Neil Skolnik, M.D., Professor of Family and Community Medicine, Sidney Kimmel Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University; Associate Director, Family Medicine Residency Program, Abington Jefferson Health
John J. Russell, M.D., Professor of Family and Community Medicine, Sidney Kimmel Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University; Director, Family Medicine Residency Program, Abington Jefferson Health