Diabetes Core Update is a monthly podcast that presents and discusses the latest clinically relevant articles from the American Diabetes Association’s four science and medical journals – Diabetes, Diabetes Care, Clinical Diabetes, and Diabetes Spectrum. Each episode is approximately 20 minutes long and presents 5-6 recently published articles from ADA journals.
Intended for practicing physicians and health care professionals, Diabetes Core Update discusses how the latest research and information published in journals of the American Diabetes Association are relevant to clinical practice and can be applied in a treatment setting.
This month we review articles on:
- Cardiovascular Risk Factor Burden in Patients with Diabetes
- Identification of Subgroups that Benefit Most In Diabetes Prevention Program
- Metformin and Type 2 Diabetes Prevention
- Detection of Hypoglycemia Using Heart Rate Variability on a Wearable Device
- Effect of Glucose Improvement on Pulmonary Function in Patients with Diabetes
- Improving Adherence to Metformin Therapy
For more information about each of ADA’s science and medical journals, please visit www.diabetesjournals.org.
Neil Skolnik, M.D., Professor of Family and Community Medicine, Sidney Kimmel Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University; Associate Director, Family Medicine Residency Program, Abington Jefferson Health
John J. Russell, M.D., Professor of Family and Community Medicine, Sidney Kimmel Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University; Director, Family Medicine Residency Program, Abington Jefferson Health