Pop quiz, hot shot - You hear that and instinctively know that we're talking about the 1994 public transit thriller, Speed. Join your favourite transatlantic podcasting duo - Ian & Liam – as we take a look at a film that was likely much bigger (and better) than it had any reason to be. Also on the bus we've got Ellie in fact-check corner, and Ethan is our replacement Bus Driver. It's an adrenaline-filled 24th episode as we discuss:
- Which famous writer was brought in to fix the dialogue in this script (similar to Joss Whedon in Toy Story)
- The eerie similarities between Jack's pursuit of the bus in his Ford Bronco and the real-life chase of O.J. Simpson in a Ford Bronco just 7 days later.
- How Ian keeps calling Jeff Daniels, Jeff Bridges
- Just how similar to Die Hard is this movie
- Ethan taps into the hair energy of Sandra Bullock and correctly comes up with the original actress they wanted for the role.
- Find out who the original choice for Jack Travern was and what qualities Keanu Reeves had that made him Jan De Bont's choice
- Which stunt Keanu Reeves never told the director he was going to do before he did it.
- What special skill did one of the cast learn in preparation for this movie
- Whether Speed is the Best Film Ever.