This week we’re bringing back an interview we had with Rachel Cargle in December of 2018 because it is incredibly relevant to things that are happening in our world today. She has done an amazing job building a platform and resources for people, she raises money for marginalized communities, and she hosts The Great Unlearn on Patreon. We’ve talked about white fragility, white supremacy, allyship, and the issue of race, and these are all things that need to be brought back to the forefront. Rachel is doing so much to show us how to engage with white supremacy, how we as white people play a huge role in the race conversations going on, and how we can be better to support anti-racism. We need to work together against the system that has created this huge rift in society. We have so much power, we need to use that power for good.
We also talk about:
- Deciding to start teaching what she was learning
- Her college experience
- Where to start in order to make a difference
- Social media posting being taken down
- Rachel answers questions from Almost 30 Nation
- Example of modern-day colonization
- What Rachel is excited about
Find more to love at almost30podcast.com!
- Learn more: rachelcargle.com
- Instagram: @rachel.cargle
- The Great Unlearn: patreon.com/thegreatunlearn
- Read: Rachel’s Harper’s Bazaar articles; National Seed Project White Privilege article
- 21-Day Racial Equity Habit Building Challenge: eddiemoorejr.com/21daychallenge
- Business Bundle | $18,000 worth of courses, programs, and memberships for just $100. Go to https://bit.ly/2SI8ZYM
- Book of the Month | Get your first book for $9.99 with code ALMOST30 at www.bookofthemonth.com
- Buffy | Go to www.buffy.co use code ALMOST30 for $20 off
- Birch Benders | Get 30% by visiting birchbenders.com/discount/ALMOST30
- Acuity Scheduling | Get a 45-day extended free trial by going to https://acuityscheduling.com/almost30.
Almost 30 is edited by Crate Media