CATCH UP WITH K + L
As the holidays are approaching, K + L explore feelings that may arise. They talk about past experiences, changing up routines, letting go of expectations, and leaning into uncomfortable emotions. The ladies also dive into the holidays as a rest period and the start of new beginnings. What emotions are up for you? They are here to support you and talk about it all!
Today we welcome Vice President of Fitness Programming and Head Instructor at Peloton, Robin Arzón! Robin is the New York Times best selling author of Shut Up and Run, the Global Brand Ambassador for Adidas, former lawyer, an ultra-runner, and certified bada$$.
Our conversation begins with Robin sharing her traumatic experience of being held hostage at gunpoint. On her journey to heal she fell in love with running, which helped her transformher trauma into power. Robin unpacks the difference between victim mentality and acknowledging pain to move through it. We ask why she began studying law, and Robin shares how her parents backgrounds and the area she grew up influenced her mindset, drive, and passion to pursue greatness. Robin explains how she pivoted into a fitness focused career and created a consultancy that developed into her brand.
Robin has always been passionate about legacy creation, and truly lives and breathes her purpose. We ask how she believes we find purpose, along with creating moments of purpose throughout the day. She also shares her view of the fitness and wellness space as a woman of color. To end this impactful conversation, Robin reveals why she became a vegan! There are so many nuggets of wisdom and inspiration in this episode—we can’t wait to share it with you.
We also talk about:
- Listening to your body to unpack emotions
- Advocating for your own care
- Type 1 diabetes as a hidden struggle
- Robin’s spiritual path
- How Robin began teaching spin
- Showing up fully and creating space
- How Robin decompresses and recharges her energy
- Balance versus purpose
- The question Robin asks to enter a place of gratitude
- Why Robin became a vegan
Find more to love at almost30podcast.com!
- Big shoutout to our newest team member, Julia! We wouldn’t be us without our incredible team. So much love and thanks to Cat and Tiffany!
- December 12th: Miami with Nikki Novo
- Article | www.article.com/ALMOST30 for $50 off your first purchase of $100 or more
- Honeybook | Visit http://honeybook.com/almost30 for 50% off the first year
- Four Sigmatic | Use code ALMOST30 for 15% off your order at foursigmatic.com/almost30
- Athletic Greens | Get 20 travel packs FREE ($79 value) with your first purchase at www.athleticgreens.com/almost30
- Catalina Crunch | Visit us.catalinacrunch.com/ and use code ALMOST30 for 10% off
Almost 30 is edited by Crate Media