CATCH UP WITH K + L
Today K & L are sharing thoughts, reflecting on events, and reviewing tips for optimal sleep! The girls begin with a conversation around the “campsite policy”, one Lindsey found in Some Thoughts About Relationships. The policy is one Dan Savage coined. Who wants Dan back on the show to discuss!? His belief is that in relationships, you should not leave someone worse off than when you first met them. FOOD FOR THOUGHT! The ladies then discuss their event with HUM Nutrition and share sleep tips from The Sleep Doctor, Michael Breus. And lastly, K & L fondly reflect on their last show in NYC with Stewart Pearce at The Assemblage.
Today we had the pleasure of interviewing the host of the popular podcast, Don’t Keep Your Day Job and coach for creative entrepreneurs, Cathy Heller! Her upcoming book, Don’t Keep Your Day Job, is all about living life on your terms and pursuing the things that may be scary, but are calling out to you.
Our conversation explores emotions, motivation, creativity, entrepreneurship and turning inward. Cathy speaks on how the resistance of feeling is actually what causes the greatest amount of pain. She explains how state of mind trumps everything—from sleep to food—when it comes to motivation and productivity, and shares her knowledge on how to find momentum and enthusiasm. When it comes to pursuing your passion, Cathy gives tips for where to start, like determining your target audience. We talk about the importance of spending time alone and allowing yourself to be creative. Lastly, we ask Cathy what she’s proud of and what she’s working on, and she opens up about her experience with anxiety and relationship OCD.
We also talk about:
- How humans fear and hide from their feelings
- The isolating feeling of being an entrepreneur
- Cultivating a community & making people feel seen
- Responding to the feedback of your community
- Not being afraid to share your story
- The four things people crave that equal a sense of purpose
- What do we ultimately seek in life?
- What realistic quitting and transition looks like
- Knowing what creative ideas to pursue
Find more to love at almost30podcast.com!
- Thank you to HUM Nutrition for an awesome event! The new “Mighty Night” supplement is ah-mazing! Use code ALMOST30NATION for 15% off at humnutrition.com.
- Bravo, Michael Breus! SLEEP KING!! Check out his books, The Power of When, The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan, and Good Night.
- Big shoutout to The Assemblage and everyone who joined us at our Live Event with Stewart Pearce! Read Stewart’s The Voice of Change here.
- Learn more: cathyheller.com
- Pre-order Don’t Keep Your Day Job here
- Instagram: @cathy.heller
- Listen: Don’t Keep Your Day Job Podcast ; How to Unlearn Your Negative Self Talk with K & L
- October 29th: Washington D.C. with Heidi Stevens
- October 30th: Philadelphia with K&L
- November 26th: Melbourne with Rosie Acosta
- November 28th: Sydney with Jessica Sepel
- December 7th: Los Angeles with K&L
- December 12th: Miami with K&L
- Teachable | Visit teachable.com/almost30 to get 1 month of Teachable Pro Plan FREE!
- Comrad Socks | Visit comradsocks.com/almost30 or use code ALMOST30 at checkout for 20% off your first order.
- Anima Mundi Herbals | Visit animamundiherbals.com and use code ALMOST30 for 20% off.
- SafeSleeve | Use code ALMOST30 for 10% off at safesleevecases.com
- Dr. Roebucks | Visit drroebucks.com and use code ALMOST30 for 20% off
- Peloton | Visit onepeloton.com and use code ALMOST30 for $100 of accessories with purchase of the tread.
Almost 30 is edited by Crate Media