Today we are sitting down with skin therapist and co-founder of Dermalogica, Jane Wurwand! At the age of 24, Jane, an immigrant from the United Kingdom, recognized the lack of training in continuing skin therapy education in the United States. This led her to open the highly regarded International Dermal Institute, which today has 37 locations worldwide. Dermalogica was born alongside IDM to provide quality skin care that was effective and free of irritants. It is now the #1 professional skin care brand in the world.
Our conversation with Jane is motivating and inspirational, regardless of whether or not you’re a female entrepreneur. Her wisdom as it relates to trusting your inner truth and never doubting or shrinking yourself is GOLD. Jane shares her knowledge on creating a company culture, the importance of knowing your values, and building a community around your brand. Her passion and devotion for changing the conversation around labels and the idea of beauty is so refreshing. Jane also gives recommendations and tips for taking care of your skin. You don’t want to miss it!
We also talk about:
- Trampoline model vs. ladder climbing in business
- What Jane looks for in an entrepreneur
- Having an aligned value system with your business parter
- Importance of kindness in leadership
- Building a love mark around your brand
- Using professional and retail products for acne
- Jane’s philanthropy - FOUND/LA
- Our relationships with our phones
Find more to love at almost30podcast.com!
- Learn more: dermalogica.com (Use code ALMOST30 for 20% off)
- Listen: Rich Roll + Cal Newport on Digital Minimalism
- September 18th: Nashville with Julie Solomon
- September 19th: Nashville with Dr. Josh Axe
- October 3rd: NYC with Nikki Glaser
- October 4th: NYC with Erin Claire Jones
- Vitruvi | Use code ALMOST30 for 20% off products on vitruvi.com and vitruvi.ca
- Honey | Join Honey for instant online savings at joinhoney.com/almost30
- Dr. Roebucks | Visit sephora.com and search for Dr. Roebucks
- Chosen Foods | Use code ALMOST30 for 50% off at chosenfoods.com/almost30
- Daily Harvest | Use code ALMOST30 for 3 FREE Cups in your first box at www.daily-harvest.com
Almost 30 is edited by Crate Media