When I first started taking yoga classes from Jason many years ago, I was struck by his voice. He has a voice that draws you in. It's soothing and encouraging. He speaks in a measured, comfortable pace. And he's a clear, succinct communicator. In essence, he's a natural when it comes to verbal communication.
This week, I ask Jason to share how he's developed this skill set. And, although this episode is specifically geared toward yoga teachers, the ideas we here apply to everyone. We all have times when clear verbal communication is vital -- in client meetings, with our loved ones, during presentations -- and some of us struggle with it more than others. My hope is that you'll gain confidence and clarity from this episode.
We talk about:* Why verbal communication might be the most important skill for yoga teachers* Using each class you teach as a practice for personal growth in the area of verbal communication* The struggles we (Jason and Andrea) have when it comes to speaking in front of a group* How choosing one or two takeaways for your students can dramatically improve your teaching
Show notes: http://www.jasonyoga.com/podcasts/episode100
SHOUT-OUT TO OUR SPONSORS
1. Careof is a monthly vitamin subscription service that's tailored to your exact needs. Their recommendations are based on clinical research with input from doctors and nutritionists. Vegan and veg supplement options are available! For 25% off your first month of personalized vitamins, visit takecareof.com and enter YOGALAND.
2. I love cooking but even I get tired of the grind day after day. One thing that’s helped me immensely is Sunbasket meal delivery service -- they offer organic produce and clean ingredients and many different types of meal plans. Their food is so delicious and I LOVE how creative they are! Go to sunbasket.com/yogaland to get $35 off your first order.
3. Molekule is a new air purification experience -- unobtrusive, portable, and 100% effective. Molekule’s PECO technology goes beyond HEPA filtration to not just capture, but completely destroy the full spectrum of indoor air pollutants, including those 1000x smaller than a HEPA filter can trap. For $75 off your first order, visit MOLEKULE.com and enter code YOGALAND at checkout.
4. RxBar are protein bars made from 100% whole foods. That means RxBars do not contain artificial flavors, colors, preservatives or fillers. They also do not contain added sugar. They’re also delicious! For 25% off your first order, visit RXBAR.com/yogaland and enter the promo code YOGALAND at checkout.
5. To my women listeners out there – have you tried Lola yet? LOLA is a female-founded company offering organic cotton tampons, pads, and liners. For 40% off your first order, visit mylola.com and enter the code YOGALAND40 when you subscribe.